A cheesey bake packed with veggies and a flavoursome kick, brought to you by Boom Sauce.
NEED TO KNOW
Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- 50g Butter
- 50g Plain Flour
- 600ml Milk
- Broccoli (Approx 375g) washed, cut into florets
- Cauliflower (Approx 600g) washed, cut into florets
- 450g Organic Raw Beetroot, peeled & cut in half or quarters.
- 100g Mature Cheddar, grated
- 25g Panko Breadcrumbs
- Pinch of Salt & Pepper
- 2 Garlic cloves, crushed
- Thyme, fresh or dried
- Boom Sauce (Fix Up D’Heat, Smokey Fix or Soca Hot)
- Preheat your oven to 180°C
- Make the cheese sauce – melt the butter in a saucepan, add the flour for a couple of minutes until it turns a straw-like colour. Add milk and whisk until it is smooth. Don’t panic if it is lumpy, you can always use a hand blender. No judgement, you will nail it the next time.
- Add in the cheese, garlic, salt, pepper and a splash of Boom Sauce.
- In an ovenproof dish, place the cauliflower, broccoli & beetroot evenly in the dish.
- Pour over the cheese sauce and then sprinkle the breadcrumbs over the top.
- Place in the oven for 45 minutes.
- Serve with added BOOM on the side if required.
Recipe by JULIENNE BRUNO