Check out the delicious dish by Nuno Mendes, cooked at the Flames of Portugal Cook School.
- 130g black pork plumas
- 80g heritage tomatoes
- 10g white onion
- 20ml olive oil
- 5g smoked paprika
- 5g flat leaf parsley
- squeeze lemon juice
- 10g butter
- pinch maldon salt
- Lard togarashi
For the tomato salad:
- Cut the tomatoes into wedges if larger or quarters if the tomatoes are smaller, mix with half the olive oil, half the salt, paprika and parsley. Set aside to marinade
- Thinly slice the white onion and add the lemon juice and other half of olive oil. Set aside
For the Plumas:
- Take the pork to room temperature 30 minutes before cooking
- Brush the pork with the brown butter and the other half of the salt
- Grill the pork for a maximum of 2 minutes on one side before turning it, you should always keep it moving around the grill
- Once the pork has reached 60 degrees remove from the grill to rest for 5 minutes
- While the meat is resting smoke your tomatoes over the grill to slightly cook and gain some smoky flavour
- Add the tomatoes around the edge of the plate.
- Place the marinaded onions scattered over the tomatoes!
- Slice the pork into 4-5 pieces and put that in the middle of the plate with the tomato salad decorating around it.
Wine Pairing: Vítor Claro Foxtrot, Alentejo