A wintery, plant-based salad, combining charred oranges, radicchio and plant-based cheese, brought to you by JULIENNE BRUNO.
NEED TO KNOW
Cooking Time: 1 hour
- 4 Winter Oranges (mixed; blood/nadorcott/Spanish chocolate)
- 30g Lambs lettuce
- 30g Watercress
- 1 Radicchio (red)
- 1 Radicchio (pink)
- 6 Nocellara Olives, pitted and roughly torn/chopped
- 2 JULIENNE BRUNO Burrella
- 30g Sunflower seeds, toasted
- Extra virgin Olive Oil
- 1 tsp Pink Peppercorns, roughly crushed
- Slice the skin from the oranges ensuring to cut off the white pith of the fruit, then slice each orange into 4-5 slices. Don’t discard the skin at this stage.
- To char the oranges, either use a kitchen blow torch, or sear the oranges in a super hot frying pan for 30-40 seconds. With both methods, combine a little caster sugar and olive oil before brushing over the orange slices then proceeding to torch/sear. Set aside on a plate.
- Rinse and carefully dry 3 leaves per person from each Radicchio. Tear each leaf into two or three pieces and arrange on your serving plate along with the lamb’s lettuce and watercress. Nestle the olives and the orange segments between the leaves, distributing evenly before placing one Burrella on top of the salad on each plate.
- Liberally scatter the toasted seeds over, followed by a generous pour of olive oil to dress the dish. Finish with a squeeze of juice from the citrus skins (these will have just enough of the flesh to give a citrus spritz) and then a scattering of the pink peppercorns and pinch of sea-salt.
Recipe by JULIENNE BRUNO