A tender, falling-off-the-bone chicken recipe infused with beer and topped with Boom Sauce. Cook on the BBQ or in the oven and serve with whatever you fancy, chips or corn on the cob go perfectly.
NEED TO KNOW
Cooking Time: 45-60 minutes
- 1.5 – 2kg Free Range Chicken
- 300ml Crème Fraiche
- 440ml Can of Beer – Drink Half!
- 1tsp Salt 1tsp Black Pepper
- 1/2 Lemon
- 2x Garlic Cloves, crushed
- Boom Sauce (Any Flavour)
- Serve with your choice of sides – potatoes, salad, corn on the cob
- Mix in a bowl the crème fraiche, salt, pepper and crushed garlic.
- Add in any flavour of Boom Sauce and as much spice as you can handle!
- Next place the chicken upright and lower onto the can of beer. If you have a Chicken Roaster holder then use this, or alternatively another metal dish that can be used on the BBQ is just as good.
- Place the chicken on the container and then pop the lemon in the top. Pull the legs forward so the chicken rests easier and on the can. Baste the chicken with the marinade and leave some to add during cooking. It is best to refrigerate overnight to allow the flavours to marinade, but remove from the fridge at least 30 mins before cooking.
- Heat BBQ to 180c & cook for 45-60mins (dependent on weight of chicken). Use a meat thermometer, keep a check on the chicken and baste throughout.
- This can made in an oven too – preheat oven to 170c and cook accordingly to weight. Prepare your choice of sides & once the chicken is ready leave to rest for 20mins.
- Serve with your choice of sides, some more Boom Sauce on the side & a cold can of beer!
Recipe by Boom Sauce