Tuna Tataki Salad
Try this buttery soft tuna tataki, beautifully contrasted with a tart apple mustard dressing and deliciously crunchy salad...
- Season the tuna fillet heavily in white pepper and sea salt.
- Rub with rice oil and sear in a very hot, smoking pan. Sear all four sides for about 12 seconds each.
- Remove from the heat and place immediately in ice. Allow to cool down completely.
- Remove the tuna from the ice, use kitchen paper to pat dry and wrap it in clean butcher’s paper and cling film tightly.
- With a very sharp knife, cut the fillet evenly into 4mm thick slices. (7 slices per portion)
- Drizzle the daikon with the apple mustard dressing. Separate into 7 even bundles and space evenly around the plate.
- On each bundle, place 1 slice of tuna, top with spring onion, salt, pepper, dash of apple mustard dressing.
- Finish with mixed herb salad in the middle of the plate.
- Dress liberally with apple mustard dressing, to taste.
- 50g yellowfin tuna fillet
- 40g daikon julienne
- 10g spring onion
- 10g mixed herb salad
- 65ml apple mustard dressing