Ali Nazik kebab, or simply alinazik, is a home-style Turkish dish which is a specialty of the Gaziantep province of Turkey.
- Char aubergines directly on burning coals, peel back and scoop out meat, blitz until smooth.
- Add yogurt, lemon juice and 1-2 cloves roasted, crushed garlic to taste
- Season with sea salt, cracked black pepper and spices (cumin, fenugreek, cinnamon, dried oregano, dried mint)
- Grill lamb rump to medium (55 degrees) and rest for 5 minutes
- Serve with burnt tomato and whole green pepper, 2 tablespoons of lime yogurt (yogurt with lime zest and juice, to taste), chopped parsley, dried chilli flakes, and parsley oil.
- 200g lamb rump
- 1 aubergine
- 100g yogurt
- 1/2 plum vine tomato
- 1 turkish green pepper
- 1-2 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon and 1 lime juice
- Salt and black pepper
- Pinch of each spice (cumin, fenugreek, cinnamon, dried oregano, dried mint)