Coffee, halva, pear and walnut loaf cake
The perfect afternoon treat to be paired with a mug of something warm, by Tassy Goodall and Sesame Kingdom
- Preheat the oven to 170c. Grease and line a large loaf tin.
- Place the butter and both sugars in a large bowl (or bowl of a stand mixer with paddle attachment) and cream together until pale and fluffy. Add in the eggs one at a time, beating well between each addition and adding a small amount of the flour if the mix looks like it may curdle.
- Fold in the remaining flour, salt, and coffee using a large metal spoon. Add 2/3 of the walnuts and pear pieces and fold again. Scrape half of the batter into the tin then sprinkle over half of the halva. Add the remaining batter then top with the last of the halva, walnuts and pear pieces.
- Bake for 34-40 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted.
- Beat the butter, salt, and tahini together until light. Serve the loaf warm with a generous helping of tahini butter.
- 175g soft unsalted butter
- 100g light brown soft sugar
- 75g golden caster sugar
- 3 eggs
- 2tbsp instant coffee, dissolved in 2tbsp just-boiled water
- 175g self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- 75g walnuts
- 2 Conference pears, peeled and diced
- 150g 'Sesame Kingdom' coffee halva
For the tahini butter:
- 75g butter
- 75g 'Sesame kingdom' Premium Tahini
- large pinch salt