Warm chocolate mousse
This luxurious warm chocolate mousse recipe by Les 110 de Taillevent makes for a stunning finale to any meal. Serve with a quenelle of chocolate ice cream, or clotted cream ice cream if you’d prefer to lighten the intensity of the chocolate.
- First melt the chocolate and the butter together in a bain-marie.
- Then in a large bowl, mix the egg, egg yolk and sugar together until the paste becomes light and fluffy. Add in the melted chocolate.
- Place the mix in a bowl or ramekins and bake at a low heat for 10 minutes.
- Next, make the chocolate sauce. Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and heat at a low temperature for 10 minutes.
- To serve, add a scoop of chocolate ice cream on top, then pour over the chocolate sauce for a nice contrast of textures.
For the mousse:
- 100g chocolate 70%
- 100g butter
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 egg
- 80g caster sugar
For the chocolate sauce:
- 500ml milk
- 75g sugar
- 50g cocoa
- 70g chocolate 70%
Try this deliciously fresh and zesty pasta recipe by Francesco Mazzei