Tagliatelle with Grana Padano PDO, broad beans and black truffle
1. To make the pasta dough, put the semolina and ‘oo’ flour in a bowl, add the eggs and mix with your fingertips. When the dough starts to come together, transfer onto a work surface and knead until smooth. Wrap with cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for about an hour.
2. Meanwhile, cook the peas and broad beans (or asparagus) in salted boiling water for one minute, then transfer immediately to cool in iced water. Drain and set aside for later.
3. Make the pasta using a pasta machine: flatten the pasta dough and cut into strings 6mm wide.
4. Melt the butter in a large pan and add the chipped shallots. Fry for one minute, then add the peas and broad beans (or asparagus), a pinch of salt, freshly ground nutmeg and a splash of stock.
5. In the meantime, cook the pasta in salted boiling water, drain and transfer into the pan. Add the truffles and chives on top.
6. Add the Grana Padano PDO when finished. Serve with a glass of Prosecco DOC
- 150g semolina flour
- 150 'oo' flour (or bread flour)
- 3 medium eggs
- 1 shallot
- 200g fresh peas
- 200g fresh broad beans (or asparagus)
- 200g grated Grana Padano PDO cheese (or hard white cheese)
- 30g butter
- 20g chives
- Vegetable stock
- 30g black truffle