Soft poached eggs with roasted chestnut mushrooms
Take your breakfast to new heights with this classic recipe from Les 110 de Taillevent
- First, start on the Parmesan emulsion. Heat the milk with garlic and thyme until warm, and then add the small cubes of Parmesan to the milk. Leave it to infuse for 30 minutes, before blending the mix until smooth and passing through a strainer.
- Whilst the Parmesan emulsion is infusing, sweat the shallots in a pan with garlic and thyme, followed by the chestnut mushrooms. Once roasted, deglaze with white wine, then add chicken stock and cream. Blend the mixture until smooth.
- In a separate pan, roast the remaining chestnut mushrooms with a knob of butter, parsley and butter.
- For the poached eggs, bring a saucepan of water to boil and gently lower the cracked eggs into the water. Leave for 5 1/2 minutes before carefully removing with a slotted spoon.
- To plate, assemble the poached eggs on top of toasted sourdough. Scatter the roasted mushrooms around the toast and dress with Parmesan emulsion. garnish with roughly chopped parsley.
- 4 eggs
- 4 slices grilled sourdough bread
For the mushroom puree:
- 200g chestnut mushrooms
- 2 shallots
- 50ml white wine
- 1 chicken stock cube
- 250ml double cream
For the roasted mushrooms:
- 100g chestnut mushrooms
- 20g butter
For the Parmesan emulsion:
- 500ml milk
- 150g Parmesan, cubed