Roast lamb rump with wild garlic salsa verde
1. First prepare the turnips. Separate the leaves and set aside. Boil the turnips for 4 minutes, and add the leaves at the end for 10 seconds. Toss the turnips and leaves in butter and season with salt and plenty of lemon juice.
2. For the salsa verde, put the herbs, garlic, anchovies, capers, oil and lemon in a small food processor and pulse until it has the consistency of a coarse pesto. Season with salt.
3. For the lamb, preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Heat a little oil in a cast iron pan and add the lamb rumps. Season with a pinch of salt and sear all over until well browned. Add the butter, garlic and thyme and place in the oven for 11 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to rest in a warm place for 5 minutes.
4. Slice the lamb and place on a warm plate with a spoonful of salsa verde, the warm turnips and any resting juices from the roasting lamb.
- 4 lamb rumps, approximately 200g each
- 2 bunches baby turnips with leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 50g butter
For the wild garlic salsa verde:
- 1 handful parsley leaves
- 1 handful wild garlic leaves
- 1 handful mint leaves
- 2 anchovies
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp capers
- 350ml olive oil
- 2 lemons, juice and zest