Prosecco DOC “Bicicletta”
There was a time in Italy in the ’70s and ’80s when approaching a bartender and asking him to mix a glass of white wine with a splash of Gassosa (the Italian soda-lemonade) was perfectly fine! Danilo still remembers clearly his father and his friends asking for a ciclistaor bici (a.k.a. a bicicletta) during hot summer days and enjoying its refreshing light taste.
Thankfully, the years of the wine purist trend-dictatorship are over and the bicicletta is now back in a few bars, perhaps with a new and improved recipe and image.
Here is Danilo’s twisted recipe inspired by the cocktail with his all-time favourite wine, Prosecco DOC from Treviso.
- Fill the glass with ice cubes and a couple of slices of fresh lemon. Rub the rosemary between your hands to better extract its aroma and put 1 sprig each glass.
- Now pour in sequence the Tanqueray Gin, the Gassosa, the Prosecco DOC and the lemon juice and stir with a long spoon (stirrer).
- Your refreshing Prosecco DOC “Bicicletta” is now ready to enjoy.
- 75ml Prosecco DOC
- 25ml Tanqueray No.TEN Gin
- 50ml Gassosa
- 10ml freshly squeezed lemon juice (no bits)
- splash of soda water
- Rosemary to garnish
- Lemon slices to garnish
- Ice cubes