Wine match: Beronia Rioja Graciano
Graciano grapes are specially selected and aged in French oak barrels until the perfect balance between fruit and oak is achieved. It has a floral bouquet dominated by violets and notes of chocolate and mint. It’s generous, fleshy and fresh on the palate, with balanced acidity and a long finish.
- In a blender, puree the piquillo peppers, onion, garlic, olive oil, coriander, paprika, cayenne and wine vinegar until smooth.Season with salt to taste. Cover and refrigerate for a minimum of two hours to allow flavours to blend.
- Cut the potatoes into 1 inch pieces. Add potatoes to boiling, salted water. Once you are able to pierce them with a fork, remove from the heat and drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet on high heat until it begins to sizzle, then gently add the boiled potatoes. Fry until they are golden brown. For this step, you can also use a deep fryer if preferred.
- Remove with a slotted spoon to a paper towel to soak up the excess oil. Season with salt to taste and top with brava sauce. Garnish with a sprinkle of cayenne pepper.
• 4 large potatoes, peeled
• 250 ml olive oil, for frying
• 10 piquillo peppers
• 1/4 onion, chopped
• 1 clove garlic, chopped 50ml
• olive oil
• 2 g ground coriander
• 2 g smoked paprika
• 30 ml dry white wine vinegar
• Pinch of cayenne pepper