Mac and Cheese with Kimchi
Give a twist to the usual Mac and Cheese with a Korean version!
- Boil pasta for 8 - 10 minutes and drain.
- In a saucepan, melt butter and add the finely chopped garlic and mustard, cook for 1 min. Then stir in flour and stir to combine.
- Gradually whisk in milk into the sauce until smooth. Simmer for 5 minutes whilst whisking until thickened. Add grated cheddar cheese.
- Take sauce off the heat and let it sit for 5 minutes. Then mix in the gochujang.
- In a clean pan, melt butter, then add kimchi. Stir-fry until brown, then add the pasta and cheese sauce and mix gently to combine.
- Take off the heat and add optional garnishes.
- 175g spiral or short pasta
- 2 tbsp butter
- ½ tbsp English mustard
- ½ tbsp Gochujang (Korean chilli paste)
- 1 clove finely chopped garlic
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 200ml milk
- 125g cheddar cheese
- 200g kimchi
- Shredded nori seaweed
- Pickled jalapeño peppers
- 20g crispy onions
- Sriracha sauce