Feta, aubergine and sweet potato bake
This hearty feta, aubergine and sweet potato bake by Limor Chen of Delamina is the perfect antidote to long nights and chilly weather. Pair with a hearty red wine and good friends for the ultimate winter feast!
1. First, prepare the roasted aubergines and sweet potatoes. Peel and cut the sweet potatoes into 1.5cm cubes and cut the aubergines into 2cm chunks.
2. Season both separately and bake separately until nicely golden and cooked through.
3. Next prepare the feta-egg mix. Whisk the eggs until fluffy, add the grated feta and whip again. Pour in the milk and pepper and mix again. Refrigerate until ready to use.
4. To build the bakes, use 180g of the feta-egg mix, 50g aubergine, 50g sweet potatoes and 10g grated Parmesan for each individual terracotta pan.
5. Pour the feta-egg mix into each pan, making sure to whisk the mixture first. Arrange all the aubergine and sweet potatoes, sprinkle over with Parmesan and bake for 14 minutes or until set and nicely golden.
For the feta-egg mix:
- 3 whole eggs
- 200g feta cheese, finely grated
- 125ml milk
- Pinch of coarse black pepper
For the bake:
- 250g aubergines
- 250g sweet potatoes
- 30g grated Parmesan