Perilla’s take on Spaghetti Bolognese is inspired by a dish Head Chef Ben had when travelling in Korea.
- Slowly fry the chopped fennel, shallot and garlic in olive oil with a little salt until soft. Add the lardo and pancetta and cook for a further two minutes at the same heat until the lardo has melted and the pancetta is browned.
- Turn the heat up slightly and add the cuttlefish, stirring constantly until all the pieces are broken up. Add white wine and reduce by half. Stir in the butter, lemon juice, herb stems and squid ink.
- Blanch the monks beard for 30 seconds and toss through the cuttlefish Bolognese with sauce.
- Serve with finely grated bottarga if desired.
- 1 tbsp finely chopped fennel
- 1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 1/2 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tbsp finely chopped lardo
- 1 tbsp finely chopped pancetta
- 5 tbsp white wine
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 150g minced cuttlefish
- 1 tsp squid ink
- 1 tbsp chopped coriander and lovage stems
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 50g butter 250g of monks beard
- Bottarga to serve (optional)