Crab and Amalfi Lemon Tagliolini
Try this deliciously fresh and zesty pasta recipe by Francesco Mazzei
Make the egg pasta dough
- Mix the ‘00’ flour and plain flour together in a bowl, add the eggs and mix gently to form a dough, adding a little water if necessary.
- Transfer to a lightly floured work surface and knead the dough until smooth. Wrap in cling film and leave to rest in the fridge for at least 1 hour.
- Using a pasta machine, roll out the pasta dough until roughly 1mm thick, then cut into sheets and slice into tagliolini strips around 1mm wide. Dust with a little flour and place in the fridge .
- Make the sauce
- Put the garlic and chilli into a pan with 2 tablespoons of the olive oil. Cook on a medium heat until the garlic is golden brown and then add half of the vegetable stock.
- Bring a pan of salted water to the boil, add the tagliolini and cook for 1 minute.
- Drain the tagliolini, then add it to the pan with the garlic and chilli. Add the white crab meat and the remaining stock and heat through for a couple of minutes.
- Add the lemon zest, parsley, dill and the final tablespoon of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper, and serve garnished with a little dill.
1 hour resting
For the pasta dough
- 100g ‘00’ pasta flour
- 100g plain flour
- 2 medium eggs
For the sauce
- 250g white crab meat
- 1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Grated zest of half a lemon
- 10g flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
- 10g dill, roughly chopped
- 100ml vegetable stock
- Salt and black pepper to season