Treat your guests with the Turkish chilli cheese fondue Barboun debuted at Taste...
- In a frying pan, melt the butter slowly until completely melted. On a low heat allow the butter to bubble for a few minutes without letting it burn.
- Add the cornmeal and work the butter all the way through, whilst slowly adding the water.
- Stir the cornmeal gently over the heat until it changes colour to a deep golden brown, this is how you know it is cooked.
- Slowly add in the grated cheese.
- Stir the mix well, and allow the cheese to melt and for the mixture to become smooth.
- As you stir the melted cheese will combine with the cornmeal and cook over a low flame.
- Serve with chopped chives and fresh crusty sourdough for dipping.
- 80g Kefalotyri cheese
- 120g Kasar cheese
- 30g cornmeal
- 40g butter
- 210ml hot water
- fresh chives
- Crusty sourdough for dipping