Blondies Kitchen's 'Fluffy as F*ck' Pancakes
Like your pancakes THICC? Nothing stacks up to these...
- Most importantly, you need a good non-stick pan. If you don’t have one don’t make these. They won’t be good. Mix together all your dry ingredients in a large bowl. Crack in the eggs and whisk until combined. Pour in half the milk, whisking until your batter is lumpy. Don’t panic. The lumps will disappear. Pour in the other half of the milk and whisk vigorously until your batter is silky smooth.
- Put your pan on a medium heat with 1 tsp of veg or sunflower oil. Wipe the oil round the pan with a bit of kitchen roll so it’s evenly distributed.
- Ladle your pancake batter into a small mound in the middle of the pan. Start with one, as the first one is always the worst. You’re stacks will improve as you go.
- As soon as little bubbles appear on the surface of your pancake, flip it over. It should be evenly browned. You can watch it rise once it’s flipped. Cook for 1.5 mins more until it’s fluffy and golden.
- Do NOT keep adding oil to the pan between each addition of batter. This is why the non-stick pan is essential. Add two little mounds of batter to the pan and repeat the process.
- Dust with icing sugar when serving if you’re extra like us and top with whatever you like. Don’t forget to tag us in your pancakes we love seeing you make our recipes!
2-3 (ten small pancakes or five large ones)
- 300g self raising flour
- 1 tbsp caster sugar
- 1 tsp baking powder
- Pinch of salt
- 2 eggs
- 400ml milk (you can use a dairy free alternative)
- Maple syrup/Nutella/berries/whatever tickles your fancy for serving on top