Aged Grana Padano and pumpkin gnocchi with sage
Give an autumnal touch to your gnocchi adding some pumpkin in it!
- Cook the potatoes and pumpkin in boiling water for 20-25 minutes, or until soft, then drain.
- Mash well and place in a large bowl.
- Make a well in the center and add the egg, salt and freshly ground nutmeg, 3/4 of the grated Grana Padano and flour.
- Mix by hand to form dough, and then knead for a few minutes.
- Cut the dough into smaller pieces and roll each piece into a cylinder.
- Cut each into 2.5cm/1in pieces.
- Place the gnocchi in boiling salted water.
- When they rise to the top, remove from the saucepan with a slotted spoon and refresh in iced water. Drain, drizzle with olive oil and keep warm.
- In the meantime, deep fry the sage leaves in a deep fryer or in a pan with very hot oil.
- Separately sweat the shallots and butter in a pan and then add and sauté the gnocchi.
- Sprinkle the extra Grana Padano on top and serve with a crispy fried sage leaf.
- 100g mashed potatoes (use 2 large potatoes)
- 100g pumpkin mash (1 butternut squash)
- 100g grated Grana Padano Cheese, aged for 20 months
- 100g 00 flour
- Pinch of Nutmeg
- 1 egg yolk
- 50g butter
- 1 teaspoon shallots
- 20g Sage (4 leaves)